- Cheese or paneer- 150 gms
- Boiled potatoes- 3-4
- Gram flour- 4 tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Vegetable Oil- 3 tbsp
- Milk- 200 ml
- Khoya or mawa- 50 gms
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Onions- 2
- Tomato puree- ½ cup
- Ginger slices- 5-6
- Garlic flakes- 5-6(optional)
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2-3
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Chopped cashew and grated cheese
- First of all mashed boil potatoes and paneer together.
- Now add gram flour(besan) and knead well.
- Add salt and make a smooth and soft dough.
- Make small balls of equal size and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan add deep fry to the balls until they turn golden brown.
- Blend onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic in a mixer and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a wok(karahi) and add cumin seeds.
- When they start spluttering add onion paste and saute.
- When the paste change to golden brown add tomato puree and saute again.
- Now add turmeric, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt, sugar, garam masala.
- Stir it until mixture separates from oil.
- Now pour the milk and allow to boil, stir occasionally.
- When the gravy begin to thicken add khoya to thicken it some more.
- Remove from heat and add koftas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, grated cheese and cashew.
- Serve malai kofta with naan or chapati.