- All purpose flour- 250 gms
- Ghee(melt and cool)- 75 gms
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Baking soda- ¼ tsp
- Sugar- 250 gms
- Water- 125 ml
- Oil for deep frying
- Pistachios(crushed)- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Take a large mixing bowl, sieve all purpose flour.
- Add baking soda, curd, cardamom powder and ghee into the flour.
- Rub this mixture to make stiff dough(add some lukewarm water if needed).
- Cover the dough with cotton cloth, keep aside for an hour.
- Now make small ball(lemon size), flatten a bit with your palm.
- Press in center with the help of your thumb.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, when it heat slow the flame.
- Add few balls in ghee, fry on slow flame.
- Do not increase the flame until the ball will not be crispy.
- When one side is light brown then invert, fry the other side.
- Do not stir more and do not invert the balls.
- Repeat this process to all dough, keep aside to cool.
- Now bring the water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add sugar, simmer to make one thread syrup.
- Now dip all balls into the syrup, wait for 10 minutes.
- Now remove balushahi from the syrup, leave to cool.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.